From the Office of Communications
Today is the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Our Lady is also the Patroness of the United States, so we should take special care to pray for her intercession today. Our Lady is a powerful advocate for us. Here are five ways you can connect with Our Lady, the Immaculate Conception this Advent:
- Get to know her through the classics: the National Museum of Women in the Arts has an exhibit, “Picturing Mary: Woman, Mother, Idea,” through April that features great pieces of Marian art.
- Add a new devotion to your life. Whether you are wearing a Miraculous Medal, starting a novena, or consecrating your family to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, there are many ways you can ask Mary for her prayers and intercession.
- Read a book or watch a video about Our Lady.
- Pope Francis has had many things to say about how important and relevant Our Lady is to our lives today. Read his thoughts on Our Lady at this morning’s Angelus address.
- Read the Bible to see Mary’s role in salvation history.