By: Deacon Marques Silva
Well, it’s two days until Christmas. Panic mode has set in. We have completed our shopping and have just remembered that family and friends are coming over (!!).
To assist the panic-stricken family, I thought I would put together a grab-bag of resources to prepare for the holidays and some activities for the children.
For the Kiddos
You better be good for goodness’ sake!
- Need to keep the kiddies calm? The Official NORAD Santa Tracker will keep them amused and on their best behavior knowing he is right around the corner.
- Poems to read to settle them down: Clement Clarke Moore’s A Visit from St. Nicholas
Will the real Santa please stand up!
- Nicholas Center provides a history
- Slideshow presentation on Nicholas around the world
- How about a look at Santa from a cultural perspective
- For skeptical kids, try Myth-busting Santa
- Here is another Santa gallery
Looking for craft ideas related to St. Nicholas or the holidays?
- The Nicholas Center has great games and activities
- Pinterest has a bunch of Christmas crafts
- Perhaps some Victorian Christmas crafts?
For the Adults
Need a Christmas conversation-starters?
- Christmas Fun Facts and Surveys: Sobering stats make a case for evangelization
- Christmas trivia: This is a history buff’s dream
Need to decorate for your guests?
- Victorian centerpieces: Okay, I really love the Victorian-era centerpieces. My daughters like to mimic and develop their own.
- Want Christmas tablescape ideas?
Need Christmas menu ideas?
Looking for games at your parties?
As you prepare for this most blessed Solemnity of the Nativity of our Lord, may you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you in 2015!