By: Sr. Clare Hunter
- Popular artist Katy Perry dressed as a witch with a red Cross on her bosom as she used a broom as a strippers pole, cast a spell and was then “burned at the stake.”
- A married couple and parents of a 3-year-old girl express their martial love through a rap duet dressed as a stripper and a pimp.
- Robots win Record and Album of the Year. Or are they humans? Or are they robots? Or are they human? They told someone to thank their families, because they are robots and can’t talk, but they can make music and win awards.
- Best Rap Collaboration gets a Grammy for lyrics:
Blue told me to remind you niggas
F**k that sh*t y’all talkin’ about
I’m the nigga, caught up in all these lights and cameras
But look what that sh*t did to Hammer
G-d damn it I like it
- Grammy for Best Song of the Year given to a 17-year-old who goes by the name of Lorde and represents her generation by singing:
And we’ll never be royals.
It don’t run in our blood,
That kind of luxe just ain’t for us.
We crave a different kind of buzz.
Let me be your ruler
You can call me queen Bee
And baby I’ll rule, I’ll rule, I’ll rule, I’ll rule.
Let me live that fantasy.
- And perhaps the most bizarre of all, rapper Queen Latifah officiated the “marriage” of 33 couples—heterosexual and same-sex—while songs about love and acceptance were sung in the background.
And the Church, before going to bed, prays for the world:
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
And abides in the shade of the Almighty
Says to the Lord: “My refuge,
My stronghold, my God in whom I trust!”
It is he who will free you from
the snare of the fowler
who seeks to destroy you;
he will conceal you with his pinions
and under his wings you will find refuge. (Ps. 91)